Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sephora + HopShopGo VS Mecca VS Tarazz

Hey Kittens!!

A good friend of mine recently went to America (in fact she's still there, back soon though. Yay). I really threw myself into making a 'little' list of things for her to pick up for me from Sephora. I had created, in my mind, the perfect list!

I was so excited, I was practically drooling over the thought of all the goodies! I had read countless reviews on Sephora and on numerous blogs. I really took this wishlist seriously!

There was one particular item I was most excited for, Too Faced's Workday to Weekends Perfect Eye Set. It is such a great value for money set, and I couldn't wait to get my paws on it! That was, until I saw those two spirit-crushing words... online exclusive. *sigh. Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Online Exclusive! $65 Sephora.com


I removed it from my list with a heavy heart and picked a few other things just to make up the difference.

The Too Faced set haunted me... I needed it. I had wanted the brush set for ages and it alone is nearly $60 at Mecca, so this set from Sephora is a steal for only $65. Basically making all the other things FREE (that's how I justified it to myself anyway!). I had also been eyeing off the 3 way eye tool as well! See , like I said it's such a good value set!!! I had purchased some other brushes from Too Faced when I was in America and ohmigosh, the Teddy Bear Hair is oh so soft! I love everything about Too Faced products! They are fantastic products and the packaging is just perfect!

I started toying with the idea of using a forwarding service to get it to me from Sephora. I was scared. I hadn't done it before and it seemed like it could take forever and a day, not to mention cost an arm and a leg!

I finally decided on HopShopGo and was very happy with the service. I like that they're backed by PayPal.

The scary part is you don't know exactly how much it will cost you until your order is already sent to them and they request the forwarding fee from you. That was what scared me! What if it was a bazillion dollars?!

Another thing that scared me was I didn't want to use their buy for me service. Firstly, it costs a lot, and secondly, I wanted my Sephora points and freebies! I had read that Sephora doesn't accept international cards, so I was adding up all these extra costs and thinking hmmm it might not be worth it!

I put some items in my cart (including the Naked Flushed Palette and a little Laura Mercier Hand Cream) and was just "testing" to see if it would work! It did, it did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, longest story ever, short... I got the items and the forwarding cost was reasonable!HopShopGo asked if I wanted them to 'cut down' the box for me (Sephora pack with heaps of space in the box and shipping is by volume) the fee was like $7 but it saved me $19 in shipping! Yes please!!! Also, note I chose express shipping! I wanted it ASAP.

Shipping from Sephora to them was FREE but it took forever! I don't know why it took so long. That annoyed me. I was thinking there was an issue with my card or that an item was out of stock! Queue panic attack!

I placed the order on May 23rd, and it was shipped out on May 26th and it didn't reach HopShopGo HQ till the 31st May (that's free shipping for you, but it did say 3 days!)!! I received the package on Tuesday 11th June... It actually should have been the 7th but DHL handed my package to AusPost. Oh Boy was I fuming!!!

So, technically it took 12 business days altogether. Pretty good really!

Here are the comparisons!

Sephora + HopShopGo

This was the forwarding fee from HopShopGo. Quite reasonable considering I chose the most expensive shipping. 

Here is my order from Sephora. See all my freebies!
In Aussie Dollars:
Sephora Order $116.32
HopShopGo $50.10
Total: $166.42 (a bit more than I actually thought! haha. But I did get freebies!)

Tarazz 


$173.55 and that's with an 8-16 day shipping window from when it arrives at their warehouse. Plus, no Sephora points or freebies.

And lastly, Mecca...

Mecca don't stock the pack I wanted or Laura Mercier but still... Check this out.



$145.85 just for what was in the Too Faced set!! Not including the sample mascara or Shadow Insurance. Not to even mention the Naked Flushed Palette or the Laura Mercier Hand cream OR the freebies OR the Sephora Points!!!

So, all in all I didn't save heaps from buying directly from Sephora, but I am still happy with my choice.

Also, I didn't get that Faux Tan freebie... They must have run out, but was substituted a St Tropez gradual tan which I am very happy about. I love St Tropez.

What do you guys think? Have you used HopShopGo or Tarazz? Or any other parcel forwarding companies??

I have used PriceUSA before, but I thought I'd try HopShopGo for this order instead!

♡Missy

36 comments:

  1. Thanks for this comparison, was very interesting to see the different costs involved. I just ordered from Tarazz for the first time (yet to receive my parcel) but it was capped $10 shipping from Sephora so I didn't mind the long wait lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello you!

    I'm so happy that you decided to put up a breakdown of HopShopGo. Are you confident shopping with it then? I too have been wanting to use a forwarder service, but it does feel scary because you don't know how much everything costs until at the end. A lot of US website offers free shipping to within the US, so I think that should save me a lot. Based on your review, I think I will try HopShopGo now! So, thank yoU!

    Btw: how would you compare it PriceUSA? Do you find that HopShopGo the cheapest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Asti!

      Yay! So glad you found the comparison useful!

      I would definitely recommend HopShopGo! They do have a calculator where you can estimate the shipping price... so that is helpful!

      I haven't used PriceUSA for a long time, but I am sure they are quite comparable. I just find the HopShopGo system so much easier. The website is so easy to navigate!

      Let me know how you go!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE hopshopgo! My mum and I use it regularly to buy her skincare and my makeup from the states. It does get expensive (last order shipping was $55, plus $20 buy for me fee, on top of an overall $580 order) but it was still cheaper than Mecca. I can't buy from Mecca or DJs anymore knowing I'm essentially being ripped off!
    I wish there wasn't a buy for me fee though, that always stings a little. I prefer adding things to my cart myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.. U say that sephora accepted ur card. Was that a debit or credit card? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! So sorry for the delay!

      My card is just a debit card with Bendigo Bank.

      Delete
  5. P.s thank u for ur comparison n review. It helPed dispell some of my anxiety with using a mail forwarding system. I'll be ordering some of my make up thru sephora n hopshopgo soon. Just don't want to get disappointed at checkout using my Aussie debit card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ارخص شركة تنظيف بصفوى 0546970480 المستقبل

    تهتم
    شركة تنظيف بصفوى
    بتنظيف الفنادق من الداخل والخارج وتنظيف الحوائط والارضيات والواجهات والاعتماد على افضل مواد التظيف والتعقيم وتنظيف الفرش والسجاد والانتريهات الخاصة بالفندق كما تعتمد نحن
    ارخص شركة تنظيف بصفوى
    على مجموعة من المعدات والالات الحديثة التى تقوم باعمال النظافة كاجهزة البخار واجهزة التكيف واجهزة التعقيم لانجاز عملية النظافة على اعلى مستوى كما تهتم نحن
    شركة تنظيف منازل بصفوى
    بتوفر اجود انواع المنظفات والمطهرات

    شركة تنظيف موكيت بصفوى
    و
    شركة تنظيف شقق بصفوى
    و
    شركة تنظيف كنب
    و
    شركة تنظيف مسابح بصفوى
    و
    شركة صيانة مسابح بصفوى
    وايضا
    شركة تنظيف مساجد بصفوى
    و
    شركة صيانة مساجد بصفوى

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have read all the content on this website.
    This is very useful and help me increase my knowledge.
    if you want to know more about this kind of related things.
    Please visit our website Here FASHION NOVA and compare the things. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart smile...